Boosting wellness for working mums and dads through children's sleep coaching in the workplace. Available across North, Central and South London
As well as private consultancy on children's sleep issues, I also deliver corporate group workshops, webinars, talks and one-to-one coaching in the workplace to offer effective sleep solutions to expectant, new and stressed-out, tired parents.
If you are an employer or manage a team, and you are interested in engaging and practical parent-friendly initiatives to support your mums and dads, do get in touch to find out more here or visit my corporate website www.circadiansleepcoaching.com.
When we get enough rest, it improves our health and wellbeing, but also our sense of happiness and motivation at work.
Becoming a parent can be one of the most wonderful yet overwhelming and demanding times in our lives, especially when disrupted nights become the norm or the return to work is looming after maternity or paternity leave. The challenges that dual career millennial parents face are also becoming increasingly complex, often needing to return to work sooner and without the support networks of wider family. Many exhausted parents desperately need to make changes to their routines at home to function at work but they also want gentle alternatives to letting their child cry-it-out.
New parents lose on average 44 days of sleep in the first year, which equates to just 5.1 hours per night - this is roughly 2-4 hours less than is recommended by the National Sleep Foundation.
Without issues addressed, this commonly translates to continually poor sleep for families throughout children's early years and a deepening strain on being able to perform well at work or achieve leadership potential.
Each year, the UK loses 200,000 working days due to insufficient sleep.
Ill health and sick leave
Lowered memory performance
Poor decision-making and mood
To compliment other parent-focussed and wellness initiatives, I offer businesses quality, family-centred children’s sleep education, which provides support and effective tailored solutions for parents.
Tangible benefits for employers include improved wellness at work, increased productivity, better post-parental leave retention and a sense of loyalty to companies that value a happy work-life balance.
- learn about how children sleep and how this changes as they grow
- understand what falls within a normal range for their child/children and why parents commonly experience regressions
- acquire a range of strategies and tools to resolve common problems and promote wellness for children and parents, as well as practical, tailored advice to meet their family’s specific circumstances
- build social support networks with other parents at work
- a questionnaire to assess sleep issues, family history, health background and work/childcare logistics
- a 30 minute consultation in-house or by video/phone call with Katie
- a sleep plan with short and long term goals
- age-appropriate factsheets and resources